This year we are obliged to conduct an exam consisting of two parts: practical and theoretical. The score you get in the practical part makes 30% of the final score. Passing the practical part allows you to take the theoretical part. Failing the practical part equals failing the whole exam. The same rules apply to both Polish and English-speaking students.
The whole ED was divided into 3-4 person subgroups and assigned to our tutors. The lists were sent by e-mail to group representatives. Please, agree the date and time of your exam with the tutor. Plase note, that some of them may have some days off so you should do it as soon as possible. You are not allowed to miss any other obligatory activities to take the exam.
To take the exam you have to redo all-but-one missed classes.
The score scale is from 0 to 22 points. Following items are taken into account:
- communication with the patient and attitude towards the patient and parents (0 - 2 pts.)
- taking history (0 - 4 pts.)
- physical examination (0 - 4 pts.)
- planning and reasoning diagnostics, interpretation of the diagnostic tests (0 - 4 pts.)
- differential diagnosis, stating and explaining the initial diagnosis (0 - 4 pts.)
- planning the therapy or presentation of therapeutic options with prognosis (0 - 4 pts.)
To pass the exam you have to collect at least 56% of maximum ie. 12 pts., without having 0 for any of the topics above.
You cannot take the exam in Paediatrics unless you have all missed classes redone! OK., one absence is acceptable, but according to the study regulations you should justify it. Only selected lectures can be missed (but you don't have lectures during Paediatrics!).
Any absence is treated the same way - any kind of missed acivities during the day makes the day missed.
You can redo classes as long as you don't have any other obligatory activities (you can't miss one class to redo another).
To redo classes, please contact Katarzyna Bolt, our secretary. She will check attendance lists and she will assigned a tutor with whom you'll be able to redo classes. You need to agree the day and time. Hours between 9:00 and 14:00 are preferred. Redoing classes during duties may be difficult for most physicians due to load of work. Typically, you'll be given a patient for case study and it will probably take 2-3 hours (important note for those who have a lot classes to redo ;)
Electives in paediatrics for 5th year students. Schedule.
- Classes are held once a week for 10 weeks since 28-02-2019 to 16-05-2019 for the whole group. They are held in the lecture room of the Department of Paediatrics, Haematology and Oncology (the builting at Jurasza street, 6th floor).
- Duration of classes is 135 minutes, plus 15 min. break. Classes usually start at 17:15. The time cannot collide with any other classes.
- The date and time may be changed (but the change must be agreed with students and the lecturer). Please, let the secretary of the department know about each change.
- According to the rules of studies, the classes are compulsory. Since the classes cannot be redone (the subject changes every week), we allow to leave one class.
Click "read more" for more info & schedule.
It's our great honour to anounce our Department was awarded by English Division students of 6th year as the best clinical department.
It is a great pleasure to know that our efforts to hepl young people achieve professional knowledge and skill was appreciated.
Thank you very much!
Submitted by robert.debski on Thu, 03/16/2017 - 23:07
This year classes in paediatrics for 5th year students are held at the Department of Paediatrics, Haematology and Oncology (Antoni Jurasz University Hospital in Bydgoszcz), at the Department of Paediatrics, Endocrinology, Diabetology and Neurology in Toruń and at the Department of Paediatrics, Allergology and Cardiology in Toruń. Both departments in Toruń are located at Wojewódzki Szpital Zespolony, ul. Konstytucji 3 Maja 42.
Here are the dates of the classes in the hospital in Toruń:
Submitted by Robert Dębski on Mon, 11/11/2013 - 22:22
English Division students can now download presentations selecting "Doc for download" menu. These are all presentations that were released by the lecturers.
To download the file you have to accept terms of usage and, in most cases, enter the password. The idea was to limit access to our files for the whole community browsing the internet. You can get the password in prof. Wysocki's office.
Katedra i Klinika Pediatrii, Hematologii i Onkologii
Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu
Collegium Medicum im. L. Rydygiera
Department of Paediatrics, Haematology and Oncology
Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz
Head of Department:
prof. dr hab. n. med. Mariusz Wysocki
Szpital Uniwersytecki im. dr Antoniego Jurasza
ul. Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 9
tel. 052 585 4860, 052 585 4067
fax 052 585 4087, 052 585 4867
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com